At Pixie Mood, we believe that style doesn’t need compromise. Styles can be trendy, functional and socially responsible, all at the same time. We obsess over making great bags, including the little details that make them awesome, and design with our customers’ needs first and foremost. Founded in 2010, Pixie Mood continues to find the most socially responsible ways to look good while feeling great.
WHY CHOOSE VEGAN
Veganism is a lifestyle seeking to reduce all forms of exploitation and cruelty of animals for any purpose including clothing and food.
However, choosing vegan goes beyond taking a stand for improving the quality of life for animals. Choosing vegan means you want to improve the quality of life for all living things. Did you know that, animal agriculture is responsible for more greenhouse gases than all the world’s transportation systems combined?
We believe it is our responsibility to take into consideration the future of our planet when designing & developing our products. As part of our commitment to sustainability, we are dedicated to sourcing the most innovative and eco-friendly materials for our products.
- PETA Approved!
- We use recycled plastic linings inside our bags.
- Our styles are versatile and most come with additional straps, meaning you can wear them multiple ways.
- Our products are packaged in a corn base, biodegradable ‘plastic’
As a company, we’ve always been committed to producing cruelty-free products. As we continue to grow, we pledge to work to take steps forward in sustainability by sourcing materials that will help minimize our carbon footprint.
That’s our #PixiePromise to you.
- On June 17, 2020, we started working with Terrapass to offset the carbon emissions that we have produced since day one in 2010. Additionally, from this day onwards, we will carbon offset shipments for all online orders at no cost to you.
This investment in sustainability is a pledge to the long-term health of the planet, and our company.
- By using corn-based packaging in our SS20 collection we have diverted 2 tonnes of plastic that would otherwise continue to sit in our landfills.
- Any foam found in our packaging is EPE foam, a 100% recyclable material. This foam is used to package some of our products to protect them and to retain their shape. Please recycle your EPE foam after unwrapping your new bag!
To ensure the safety of all our workers and consumers, all our materials are tested to meet the CA Prop 65 standard annually. We take responsibility in upholding a safe environment for our consumers and workers through annual visits to our manufacturers to ensure standards are met.
Here at Pixie Mood, we understand the importance of providing our customers with products that are produced in a legal and socially responsible manner. We require all manufacturers to agree and adhere to strict standards for the production of the merchandise we sell. The standards include prohibitions on child and forced labour, as well as treating workers with respect and fair wages.
- No Forced Labour:No use of forced labour, whether it is prison, indentured or bonded labour
- No Child Labour:No person younger than 15 years of age shall be employed
- No Harassment or Abuse: All employees shall be treated with respect and dignity. No employee shall be subjected to any physical, sexual, psychological, or verbal abuse
- Health and Safety:Employers shall provide a safe and healthy working environment for all employees
- Wages and Benefits:Employers shall pay employees sufficient wages to meet at minimum their basic needs